06 February 2007

Takeover nearing completion

I'll have more to say on the conclusion of proposed takeover later. The board has unanimously recommended the offer to the shareholders, and the BBC is starting to treat it like a done deal. News conference is in an hour and a half.

In keeping with last night, for now, I'll just add one more Shankly quote.
"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques"

Update (2pm): The official site is the best place to go for information. I'm still processing this, and I'll probably update a few times more, but for now, I highly recommend reading both the interview that LFC.tv has done with the new owners and the rest of the information that the site has surprisingly organized into a single section.

The interview does a bit to allay some of my fears. Granted, these men are well-trained businessmen, they know when and how to say the right things. But the fact remains, they have said all the right things so far.

No comments :